Sunday, November 1, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness stride

Hi everyone,

I have always been interested in doing walkathons for the Breast Cancer Awareness organization. However, I never been to one since I never seen the event happen in the area I live in. Fortunately, I am proud to say that I am now a Breast Cancer supporter. On Halloween this year, at downtown in my city, I have joined my aunt team to do the Breast Cancer stride.

I feel very honor to do this because another aunt of mine is the victim of cancer. Even though she does not have breast cancer, I do feel sad, especially when she just passed away this past summer. She died of lung cancer. I have to proudly say that she is an amazing person. She have suffered a lot throughout her whole life. With half of her body nearly paralyzed,she still does not accept that she is handicap. And when she got cancer, she accepted it and still smile until her last breath.

I believed that we walk about 2 miles around downtown. I know it is not that much, but I do feel that everyone is making the difference in our community. Many women are suffering from breast cancer, and most Americans right now are victim of different types of cancer. I think if we are making small changes in our communities, we will make big differences to the whole world. There is nothing to lose, and so much to gain. Therefore, I would love to promote everyone to go out and help someone you know or a stranger you meet in the street. It will definitely give us a better world to live in.

Thank you for reading...

Have you help anyone you know today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment