Friday, February 26, 2010
Welcome back!! I have so much time on my hand today, so I am blogging like crazy. Just to let you know, last post was just something I want to get out of my system. I was having a moment of sadness and madness. I just need a little bit of venting. ;P Now I am Ok to blog on something fun. Woo hooh!!
This is not really a guide, so don't take me wrong on this. I just want to share with you things that I found very helpful. Alright let's get started.
Over the past year, I been collecting a lot of information on where to buy cheap cosmetic products and here is a little something of what I found:
1. "e.l.f" You have heard me said this before, but I have to keep repeating it. This company is great. I love the products that I purchased and nothing really beat $1+ makeup products. Visit http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ . Sign up for their newsletter. They will always send you coupon codes for very good discount or free shipping. It is already cheap, but they really want you to save money. :) Oh yeah reminding you guys that in just a few days, e.l.f will be available at Target. I heard from another guru that some products are already available to buy.
2. " Dollar Tree" Some of you might think that I am really cheap because I shopped at DT. However, all I can say is a little saving can really go a long way. I posted on blog before about products I got from DT. My comment about shopping there is be smart. Do not let it fool you because of its cheap products. However, the important fact is compare all the products. I notice that many of their products are products that come from drugstores, especially makeup. I found N.Y.C, Revlon, Maybelline, and Covergirl at DT. So why pay more when you you could have pay less. I remember that Covergirl single eyeshadow was in a pack of two at DT. I should have bought it, but the colors was not really calling me. I was so dissapointed afterward because I went to Walgreens and Target and the price was around $3-4 for one only. How sad!
3. "Essence Cosmetic" http://www.essence.eu/us/usa/home.html I just discovered this line of cosmetic few hours ago. Funny me. I watched http://www.youtube.com/user/mS3riKa new video and heard about Essence. I was surprised at the price because it was at Ulta. (Sidenote: I never been to Ulta before, so is it like Sephora? I saw online that they only have cosmetic products, but they do have drugstores brand such as Revlon, Covergirls, Maybelline. Well I guess more higher end products. I was surprised at first because I always thought of it like Sephora. Truly though, they carried higher end more expensive products). So I was browsing around, the Essence products are starting from $1 upto $10,I believe. Most are around $2-4. I think it is not bad and definitely going to try someday. Not many talk about this brand, so I am hoping to see reviews from this soon. I think this brand is new to Ulta or may be to the US. I believe this brand is from Europe. If anyone want to check them out go to Ulta.com , this brand of cosmetic does not have online store. Thanks to "mS3riKa", and please subscribe to her.
4. "ValentineKisses" I recently heard about http://www.valentinekisses.com/index.php from http://www.youtube.com/user/MakeupByRenRen. She is excellent, and I want to thanks her for giving me this info. Please subsribe to her too. This is a new website that nearly like DT, but it only sell hair, nail, and makeup products. This is like a paradise for all young girly girls, including me. This website sell all drugstores brand products from Covergirls to Sally Hansen. Plus, they have other products such as Mary Kate...What the owner's intention was to sell products that only available in the US to other countries around the world. That is such a cool idea, isn't it? I should have thought of it before. Hahaha JK. Everything on the site is at super low price, ranging from $1-$10max. I only see one review from MakeupByRenRen, so please do not blame anything on me for any faulty products. This is an online store,so shipping is something to take into consideration. I believe that standard shipping is $5.99 flat rate. Eh..not bad.
5. "Wet n' Wild" I am so far just loving their nail polishes. Of course, it is not the best brand, but it is simply good enough to use when you are on a budget. Its products isn't bad at all. I heard many good reviews from it. I know that you can buy them at Walgreens, CVS, and Target. Its prices is $.99+. Just to let you guys know, at Walgreens, Wet n' Wild will get a huge new updated section for itself. I heard this from lovely Noveau Cheap a while back. I have not seen any changes from the two Walgreens I always go to. They will add more new products,take out some old ones, and update on some. I am excited to see it. I hope to see this change soon because I heard mS3riKa said that the Walgreen she went to did change. I hope the price will not be too outrageous. I do not know,though, if this update will be applied to Target or CVS. I might check it out to see.
6. "N.Y.C" This is just like Wet n' Wild. They are another cheap brand that really worth to try out. I could not really say much about this brand because some how I was never spot this line at Target or Walgreen. The only products that I tried from this line is nail polish. I should really go back and take a look at all of their products. If you guys have tried them before, please comment about them.
7. "L.A colors" I will not say much about this brand because I just wrote a review about it. However, if you would like to know where to get this brand continue reading. It is available at Dollar Tree, Forever 21, cherryculture.com....I know there are other places, but I only know three. The only thing I truly love about this brand is the nail art polishes. Best cheapest place you can find is DT. May be online is cheaper but considered the cost for shipping.
8. " Biglots" I only been there once, and unfornately, I was not lucky enough to be able to uncovered all of its goodness. You can definitely go to Biglots and save money on cosmetic products. I would love to tell you more, but all I know is check out Noveau Cheap, http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/. She is amazing on doing updates for good buys.
9. "Target and Walmart" I often do not buy any cosmetic products in these two department stores. I have to tell you though that you will save a bit more of drugstores brand if you shop there. Not much to say to that....
It is funny how I ended at 9, but some how my brain just freeze and could not think of any more to add. I will do updates on more when I found more goodies for you guys. Hope you enjoy this long guide not short anymore. Oopsie Daisy.
Any comment or question, please put it below. I will try my best to answer. If you can please help how I can reply to others inside the comment section. I don't know where to click.
Thanks for reading. Enjoy the nice weekend.
DIS: I am not getting pay for any the companies mentioned above nor I am being ask to mention any names above. This is simply my opinion. No Affiliation.
Posted by ngocupham at 10:35 PM